Summary of the Project
The economic crisis is affecting the labour market in a very drastic way. Business are closing, the unemployed population is increasing, young Europeans find many obstacles to enter the job market and find a steady and more or less well paid job, and even more, it is more difficult when it comes to access to first job.
Colleges and vocational schools are full of young graduates, who, after having completed their studies, masters and/or language training programs, can not find a chance to prove their worth and potential.
The guidance to youth employment can not depend on the implementation of specific services for employment. Our proposal is to streamline education centres to, within them, stabilize bridges between education and employment, so that education institutions are the real driving force, empowering the students in order to make them jump from the educational centre to the responsibility of the job.
Our teachers can not only focus on the delivery of content but must become a true driving force of employment of their students, engaging themselves with the learning process of their students.
In order to do that, teachers must change their role in relation to their students, and learn how to develop in their students the skills to empowerment and skills to develop efficient good practices which could accompany their students in the labour market.
We must transform the vision of vocational training teachers in relation to employment from seeing themselves as responsible for the delivery of the content at the highest level they know, to see themselves as a key player in the process of student learning that has to be linked to employment, generating the best practices they can reach to put in place to facilitate the transition from school to employment.
If centres of education are not committed to this transition, in times like the one we live right now, we can end up generating stolen generations.
- Promoting employment among young Europeans.
- To improve access roads between different fields of education and labor market.
- To create social awareness among our young people to demand changes in the labour market.
- To adapt training profiles and the new formation to the new challenges that the labour market in the European Union demands.
- To exploit the potential of our youth and to invest in job creation.
- To reduce unemployment among young Europeans.
- To promote the exchange of good practices between actors in search of employment (vocational training centres, employment…).
Official Website: fromschoolstoemployment.eu